I HAD AN ACCIDENT!
WHAT DO I DO, WHO DO I ASK FOR HELP? LET US GUIDE YOU STEP BY STEP:
Your Insurance Company will require a case number (which you can obtain from your nearest Police Station to the accident scene) for your claim to be registered
|Police Station||Contact Number||West Coast Map|
|Vredenburg||022 703 6440|
|Saldahna||022 703 6440|
|Paternoster||022 703 6440|
|Langebaan||022 707 5140|
|Hopefield||022 723 8000|
|Malmesbury||022 482 7500|
|Velddrift||022 783 8022|
|St Helena Bay||022 736 8060|
The requirements needed in order to register your claim consist of:
- A completed claim form which is available from your Insurance Company / Broker with completed section of the Insured (details), particulars of all the parties involved in the accident, a description and the location of the accident.
- A copy of your valid Driver's License or the Insured Driver
- A copy of your ID book
- The Police case defence number
- A Quotation (estimation of repairs) for the damage. You will be able to get a quotation from most repairers free of charge
- An assessor will be appointed once your claim has been registered to assess the damaged vehicle and agree a cost of repairs with the repairer.
- If authorised by the assessor, the repairer will receive the authorisation to proceed with the repairs of you vehicle.
- Please note that the repairer cannot be held responsible for delay in repairs if your Insurance Company does not give authorisation
- When authorisation has been given by your Insurance, we will notify you via sms.
- By mutual arrangement between yourself and the authorised repairer, a booking will be confirmed for the repairs of your vehicle in a convenient time frame suitable for both parties in order to assure customer satisfaction.
- We will also give you an estimation of time needed to repair your vehicle.
- Please be advised that this is only an estimation of time needed for completion of repairs and NOT an exact delivery time.
- After completion of repairs, we will contact you to collect your vehicle.
- If an excess is applicable, your Insurance Company will instruct us to collect it from you.
- Excess is payable with collection of your vehicle
- In the event of your vehicle being towed away from the accident scene by a breakdown, your Insurance company / Broker will best advise you what to do and how to proceed with the claim.
- Note: Selecting the repairer of your choice and arranging the transportation of the vehicle from the accident scene will help preventing possible time delay for repairs.
Approved repairers for:
Toyota, General Motors SA, KIA, Hyundai, Nissan, Volkswagen / Audi SA, Citroen, Ford / Mazda